homeAbout MeJules & BlingScrap Resumehome

Friday 6 May 2011

Color Combos Galore Challenge #191

Challenge #191 is live and rocking over at Color Combos Galore. The Designer's Challenge this week is to document your best Mother's Day present. The colours include gold, yellow, off white, and cream.

Here's my take on this week's challenge. Titled: You Are My Best And Greatest Gift. Originally, I was going to title it "You Are My Greatest Gift", but when Keana saw the title and read it, she said "No mummy! It has to be - you are my BEST and greatest gift". So I smiled at her and agreed. (-: Who knew that Pink Paislee's Soiree papers would match so well, lol! Believe me, they were not the first papers I thought of when I saw this challenge. And that beautiful green flower is, of course, from Zva Creative. I would be so lost without their stuff. It's amazing how much I have come to rely on their products. The envelope and letter are from Doodlebug. I fell in love with them and bought 5 in different colours.

For my envelope, I added a litttle gold flower charm, some string to keep the flap tied closed, and some mini alphas from Cosmo Cricket and Glitz.

I wanted my flower to have a little extra sparkle. So I covered the stamens in the centre with glue, and coated them with some gold glitter.


And I finished off my misted butterfly with a gold butterfly charm in the centre.

2 comments:

  1. GORGEOUS!!!! These colours work really well and how sweet is the pic!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful details on this page.

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you so much for taking the time to stop by my blog. I appreciate it, and I love reading your comments, each and every one.