homeAbout MeJules & BlingScrap Resumehome

Saturday 19 February 2011

Evolution Of A Scrapper?

I was going through some old files and found these layouts. I can't believe how much my style has changed in the past 5 years. Although, in some ways, it hasn't changed at all - my layouts are still girly, feminine and filled with bling, lol! This layout was, and still is, one of my favourites. If I were to recreate it today, I think there would be a lot more dimension, layering and details.
This was the first layout I ever had published. Seriously! I created it for a Scrapbook Creations competition, and they sent back a note asking if they could publish it. So, I didn't win the prize, but I did get published. I was okay with that deal. (-:
This is another of my favourites. This was the layout that triggered my love of whitespace.
And that hasn't changed.
I think this may have been one of the first monochromatic layouts that I did. Don't you just love that photo? LOL!!!
This was probably my first layout where I actually used fabric. I like the colours and the layout, but that technique has never really stuck with me. I guess I'm just not a material kind of girl? (Yes, I know that was a lame joke, but I just couldn't help myself!!!). Tomorrow we will be back to our regular programming... with recent layouts. (-:

2 comments:

  1. Jules, I love looking back at albums I did in 2001-2003. It also documents how much this industry has changed! I still am all over the place as far as style. I am drawn to your style ...all blingy and bright, but like to scrap a little shabby vintage... to grunge. Thanks for sharing your journey!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I found your blog via Pencil Lines! Love the layouts & your little girl? gorgeous! love the white space too! =)

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you so much for taking the time to stop by my blog. I appreciate it, and I love reading your comments, each and every one.