homeAbout MeJules & BlingScrap Resumehome

Tuesday 19 January 2010

Little Miss Big Foot.

I went and purchased school shoes at Myer's yesterday. They have a special at the moment - buy one pair, get one pair half price. It still cost me over $230 for four pairs of school shoes. Admittedly, they were Clark's, one of the more expensive brands on the market. But I purchased a cheaper brand last year, and they didn't last - they fell apart. So I refuse to make that mistake again. But here's the exciting (or maybe it's horrifying???) news, Keana has a children's size 3 foot. She is only 6 years old. Her older sister, is a normal (average???) size 1. So now I call Keana my "Little Miss Big Foot!". She keeps saying, "Mum, stop calling me that!". (-:

I had my weekly PT session at the gym, and because my knee still hasn't fully recovered, we concentrated on some cardio and the upper body (again, for the 3rd week in a row). Blah!!! My arms have so totally had enough. On a bright note though, my fitness level has increased dramaticallly. Justin had me working on the treadmill, starting at a fast-ish walking pace, then increasing every minute, until I was walking as fast as I could - no running allowed. And I had to do 3 sets of this. His aim was to get my heart rate as high as possible. He expected it to hit mid 140. But guess what? He only got it to 132. So score one for me!!!

To recover from the torture at the gym, I took the girls to the movies this afternoon. I thought we were going to see Alice In Wonderland, but I got my release dates for this movie mixed up with another movie. Alice doesn't come out until March. So we went and saw The Incredible Mr Fox instead. I loved it! It was a clean, honest kids movie, with quite a few laughs. I'm really, really glad we went and saw it.

I don't have any layouts to share tonight. I have a finished one sitting on my desk (for an Amercian Crafts challenge), but I am yet to photograph it. Maybe tomorrow.

But I do have an update for you in regards to the move to Perth. It's definite. Due to some huge family issues that we are having with my husbands family, we have decided the best thing to do is to get as far away as possible. So Perth, here we come. I still can't give you a definite date, but I will start getting quotes for removalists etc. in the next few weeks. If anyone can suggest good locations to live in Perth, and where I can find some good Catholic primary schools, please feel free to leave a comment, or to email me. Actually, acreage would be nice. Suggestions on this would also be welcome. Catch you all tomorrow. I'm off to get some work done. (-:

1 comment:

  1. Hey Jules, that's fantastic about your move to Perth! I'm sure you will enjoy it, says she who has never been there! LOL! Guess you will be going sooner rather than later by the sound of your post? Sorry but can't help you with the living areas.

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you so much for taking the time to stop by my blog. I appreciate it, and I love reading your comments, each and every one.