homeAbout MeJules & BlingScrap Resumehome

Wednesday 11 August 2010

Back To Basics...and other thoughts

This is the first layout I created for Challenge #155 over at Color Combos Galore. But I wasn't entriely happy with it, so I didn't submit this one, and created another layout. Titled: Any Excuse - it is about some of my scrapping friends and our shared love of retreats. I created the polka dot background using a Heidi Swapp mask and Glimmermist. I used lots of scrap papers and just kept layering them until I was happy with it. I cut out some flowers from some really old paper (can't even remember the name of the manufacturer) and threw is some Heidi Swapp felt butterflies.

The next couple of weeks will see some interesting styles and colours with my layouts. Yes, I have had to use colours that I either do not like or would never, ever choose for myself. In most cases, I have ended up happy with the final result. And my layouts seem to be taking a turn to the arty side. Why? I have no idea - I am a scrap by-the-seat-of-my-pants scrapper. I go where I am led by my artistic inclinations. But It's made a nice change from my usual girly and pretty layouts.

And I have made a decision in regards to our family lifestyle. I am going back to basics. What do I mean by that? For starters, not more bacterial gel, no more hand gel soap, no more ten different types of shampoos and conditioners because everyone has different types of hair. We are going back to basics. We are going back to being simplified. No more several different types of cleaners, vitamins, minerals, mustards, sauces and everything else. Back to the basics - simplified and easy. Enough is enough. I am fed up with society (and advertising) telling me I have to have all these different things. Nope, not anymore I don't. Life is about to get a whole lot easier (especially when I am shopping). (-: I wonder if I should warn my girls??? LOL!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you so much for taking the time to stop by my blog. I appreciate it, and I love reading your comments, each and every one.