homeAbout MeJules & BlingScrap Resumehome

Saturday 23 May 2009

Not enough hours...

I'm sorry for being so slack again - there just aren't enough hours in the day. I have been so busy packing and organising for my week away - I've got to meet my layout deadlines, and organise schedules for my mum who is babysitting. Plus just deal with everyday stuff, and I am running out of time. I leave tomorrow, after lunch, for one glorious week away, with no children or husband, just me and my scrapbooking supplies. I am going to the Sunshine Coast and staying at King's Beach on the waterfront. I plan on finishing most of my OTP stuff (I probably have 40 or 50 unfinihed projects). So hopefully I will come back with lots of pretty things to share with you.

This photo (above) is of Malayla at her recent annual modelling reshoot for her portfolio. She's with Brats Models. It's my absolute favourite photo of her, and I just wanted to share it with you. She loves having her photo taken. I just hope she still feels the same when she hits her teenage years. (-:
Last Sunday Keana was feeling "under the weather", so I sent Malayla off to Caitlain's place for the day, and spent a quiet day at home with my younger daughter. And I let her stay in her pj's all day (she loves staying in her pyjamas). Mix this with her favourite pastime - blowing bubbles, and I have one very happy little girl. Here she is at 3:30 in the afternoon, in her pj's, blowing bubbles in our backyard. If only her daddy knew what we got up to when he is away! (-: He probably wouldn't believe me.

This week's challenge for the Wicked Princesses 7 Deadly Sins Competition is GREED. The challenge was to use yellow, black and white, a stamping technique, and to journal in list form. So I have created a layout about my obsession with pretty lingerie (hey! at least my husband appreciates it!!!). (-: I've called it "Life Is Too Short To Wear Boring Underwear", and I have listed some of my favourite brands in my collection. If you think my layout is worthy of your vote, please send your votes to wickedprincesses@y7mail.com . Voting is open from 8am Saturday morning, until 8am Monday morning. And all work can be found in the Wicked Princesses gallery.
Here's a layout I created for the Wicked Princesses Bling Scrap Challenge last weekend. This was a lot of fun because the colours and style of layout are so not my usual. It's nice to try something different and to push myself out of my comfort zone. The photo is of my daughet malayla and her firend from school, Lily. This was taken at the Ashton's Circus performance that we attanded back in April.
This is my card for the Wicked Princesses 7 Deadly Sins Challenge. This week we had to use black, white and yellow, a journalling block as an embellishment, and a stamping technique. So I created my own journalling block with cardstock and punches, then cut it in half to create butterfly wings.
I hope everyone has a great weekend, and I will catch up with you all next Sunday wehn my holiday is over. See ya! I'm off to relax and have some "me" time...did I mention that I've got more than 20 other scrappers joining me for a weekend of scrapping, fun and games. Plus really yummy food! Hee! Hee! Hee!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you so much for taking the time to stop by my blog. I appreciate it, and I love reading your comments, each and every one.