homeAbout MeJules & BlingScrap Resumehome

Tuesday 2 July 2013

PaperHaus July Sketch...

It's that time again - time for a new sketch over at PaperHaus!!!


PaperHaus July Sketch by Trina McClune.
Just pop on over to the PaperHaus blog for all the entry details, and to check out the awesome inspiration from the Design Team. 


"LOVED BEYOND MEASURE"
I know it may not seem like it, but YES, I definitely did use the sketch as my inspiration, lol!


This layout was all about experimentation. I wanted to test how Silks Acrylics, Color Shine sprays, Glimmermists, and Pan Pastels all worked together. I guess I have my answer?


The blues and orange/red in this image are the Silks Acrylic paints. Such beautiful rich colours.


I have used Pink Paislee "Hopes Chest" papers for my background. Then added metal embellishments, flowers, lace, chipboard, rhinestones, sequins, and mini alphas.


I coloured these Pink Paislee Heidi Swapp chipboard alphas with mists, pan pastels, and Dimensional Magic. The multi-tone was pure luck, lol! :-)

I even used a mask and texture paste to create my background, before adding all the embellishments. And some doilies - I added those too. 


I even added a metal banner. And can you see the little belt buckle that I have tucked in there? And stars? Oh, and did you notice the peacock too? (It's in the first picture). 

I am learning to experiment more and more, and I am loving every minute!!!
This was pure fun.

Thanks for stopping by, and I hope I have inspired you to go and try something new. :-) The more you experiment, the more you learn!!!

Cheers and hugs, xxx
Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. I would really like to know how you created the title "Loved", cause I don't really know what all the things are :P Lovely work!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you so much for taking the time to stop by my blog. I appreciate it, and I love reading your comments, each and every one.