homeAbout MeJules & BlingScrap Resumehome

Saturday 29 September 2012

Playing With Scary Colours...

I've never hidden the fact that purple is not my favourite colour. I struggle with it (usually). However, I have learnt, the more often I play or practice with something, the easier it becomes for me to incorporate it into my work. So every once in a while, I make myself play with the colour purple. My aim is to work towards creating a fully monochromatic layout at some point (shock, horror!!!).

This time to make it easier, I added aqua and lime green (two of my favourite colours). And I kept the purple to a minimum - I didn't make it my main focus colour (still working towards that, lol!). 
Titled: Little Miss Cheeky.
I created the background using Crafter's Workshop templates and Pan Pastels. 

I am totally in love with these new Prima poppy flowers - they are BEAUTIFUL!!!! And the colours are gorgeous. (Yes, I think I will need to buy more and hoard them, lol!). 

Products used: Lily Bee papers; Prima flowers and vines; Prima resin shapes; Thickers alphabet; Martha Stewart doilies; Liquid Pearls; Pan Paste;s; Crafter's Workshop templates; Glimmermist; metallic mesh; Zva Creative rhinestone flourish; washi tape; Broken China distess ink; Glimmer Glam; and a black pen. 

2 comments:

  1. Another stunning LO Jules ... looking forward to the purple mono... I'll hold you to it !!!
    Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is gorgeous Jules.. these colors really set each other off.. I love the flowers too.. but dont hoard them.. use them on your layouts!! (then you just gotta get more!!!)

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you so much for taking the time to stop by my blog. I appreciate it, and I love reading your comments, each and every one.