homeAbout MeJules & BlingScrap Resumehome

Sunday 15 April 2012

Artist Trading Cards for Charity...


Ladies and Gentlemen, I've decided it's time to give back to the community.
Besides, don't we all need some good Karma?
And helping others always makes one feel better.
So, lets find out how many of you really do care, and will donate a little of their creative time, and create a mini-masterpiece (Artist Trading Card). All for a good cause. All for charity.
All to help women and men fighting the fight against cancer.

What brought this on, I hear you ask? Well, I received the following letter from my dear friend Annette. She is involved with the Be Uplifted Inc. charity. And they need help. I am in a position to offer that help. So, here we go:

"Hi Jules,
I had this wonderful thought about ATCs & the 'Be Uplifted charity' ...
I have been asked to do some art work to be displayed in the oncology
unit at a local Brisbane Hospital
My thought was: if all your friends & my friends & their friends would
be interested in making an ATC in pink with an uplifting word or quote
on it
. What do you think???
My objective is to then adhere them to a large canvas (or two) or
frame them behind glass for display.
As they will be glued down the names of the artist will need to be
separate so it can be added beneath the ATC.
The patients will be able to read these whilst they are going through
their chemo treatment.

May is the birthday month of 'BeUplifted' & all the information is on
this link... http://www.beuplifted.org.au/
so if I could have all ATCs by the end of April, I can have it framed
and ready to present at our mid- May function.
ATCs contact could be through my email or your facebook?

Be Uplifted Inc is a breast cancer fundraising organization supporting
women and their families during diagnosis, treatment and recovery.
Thank you for helping us to help others.
Have attached our logo

love ya thanks for supporting us
Annette"

I am going to take this opportunity to ask if you will participate (I will beg if I have too!!!)?Anyone can join in (local, interstate, or international). All you need to do is create an ATC card in pink, with an uplifting word or quote on it, before the end of April. All ATC's will be included in the frame, with the artist's name listed below the card. Can you imagine a huge frame filled with ATC's from all around the world? How awesome and amazing would that be? Wouldn't you like to be a part of that? I know I sure would!!!

If you would like to participate, please email me at julianna-delumen@powerup.com.au, and I will send you the address that the ATC needs to be sent to. Alternatively, you can message me on Facebook (my Facebook link is at the top of my blog).

Please feel free to repost or link this to your own Face Book pages and Blogs. :-)

I hope I hear from you soon. :-)

Thank-you for taking the time to read this. It is greatly appreciated.
I will share my ATC once it is complete.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you so much for taking the time to stop by my blog. I appreciate it, and I love reading your comments, each and every one.