homeAbout MeJules & BlingScrap Resumehome

Thursday 2 September 2010

You Did What???

I learnt a lesson today - NEVER, NEVER, EVER forget to set your alarm clock when you have young children. NEVER!!!!! My alarm didn't go off at 6:30am as usual. My fault - I forgot to check it before going to sleep (I have a young daughter who just can't help herself and loves to press the buttons on my alarm clock any chance she gets). But I was lucky (so I thought), and woke up at 7:00am. Just leaving me enough time to get the girls ready for school in a hurry. Anyway, as we are going out the door at 8:10am, Malayla says to me that Keana rang Jacinta. Say what??? I don't remember giving permission for Keana to ring Jacinta. Keana doesn't even know how to use our phone (Ha! Ha! Ha! Silly me!!!). With a few more questions asked and answered, we establish that Keana rang Jacinta this morning at about 6:30-6:45am. Yep! You heard me right - 6:30am-6:45am this morning. Oh, crap!!! So, not only did Keana work out how to use our phone (you have to press a button to get a dial tone), she actually managed to get Jacinta's phone number right too (Jacinta's number was pinned up on our fridge). This girl is just too smart for her own good. I am so going to have my hands full with her as she gets older. (-: So I rang Michelle (Jacinta's mum) tonight and apologised. Fortunately, they were already awake this morning, and she saw the funny side of it. On the bright side, Jacinta loved chatting to Keana this morning, and proceeded to invite her over for a sleepover. Sigh! You've got to love being the mother of a social butterfly - NOT!!!

3 comments:

  1. Oh they get to smart too quick! lol! kids! lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, so glad you woke up in time, probably your internal routine alarm wouldn't let you sleep in anyway, and how about that phone call, I will have to look out for this too, Nate is nearer to 4 now, I hope he is more of a boy and hates answering the thing, what a gorgeous thing though ringing her friends and organising a sleepover, lol. Melxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you so much for taking the time to stop by my blog. I appreciate it, and I love reading your comments, each and every one.