homeAbout MeJules & BlingScrap Resumehome

Friday 15 February 2013

Mixing Old And New...

Today I am sharing my PaperHaus Valentinie's Day project. I thought I would use Valentine's Day as my inspiration for my project. But not in a traditional way. Not everyone celebrates Valentine's Day, so this layout is especially for those who don't. And as a bonus, I thought I would inspire you to use some of those really, really old items that you have hidden in your scrapping stash. 
(Don't deny it, I know you do!!!).


I love the colours combinations that are used for Valentine's Day (pinks and reds especially), and the flowers and hearts that can be seen in every shop window. So I took all that, and created a layout about my daughters, and how sweet they are. And I used hearts and flowers as my main embellishments. I am extremely happy with the end result - I don't have to create a romantic layout to play with all the Valentine's Day paper ranges, that have been released.


The beauty of this project was taking all these beautiful new papers, and mixing them with some really old items from my stash. They worked together so amazingly well! I've had that round Prima flower in my stash for at least 3 years. And those Heidi Swapp pink ghost hearts? Well, they have been around for 4-5 years, if not longer.


And those Girl's Paperie flags? Yes, they've been around for a while. Just like the Making Memories glittered clear frame, and chipboard photo corners. I know they have been in my stash for at least 3-4 years.

So don't be scared to mix old and new products. You might be surprised just how well some things work together. (Plus, if you use up your old stash, it makes room for some new stash! Bonus!!!)".

Products List: Noel Mignon Lasting Love kit; Making Memories chipboard corners; Making Memories paper clip; Making Memories glittered clear frame; Heidi Swapp ghost shapes; Prima flowers; The Girls' Paperie paper flags; Martha Stewart punches; Pink Paislee tags; Zva Creative rhinestones; Cheery Lynn doily die; Kindy Glitz; black pen.

Happy scrapping everyone, and enjoy your weekend.
Thanks for stopping by.
xxx

Photobucket

1 comment:

Thank-you so much for taking the time to stop by my blog. I appreciate it, and I love reading your comments, each and every one.