homeAbout MeJules & BlingScrap Resumehome

Monday 11 June 2012

Wishes And Dreams...

When I first saw this paper from Fancy Pants, I fell in love. It's so cute and darling! But I wasn't quite sure what I wanted to do with it...until now.
I realised as soon as I saw the "Wish Upon A Star" title card, that I had the perfect title for a layout: "When You Wish Upon A Star"...and so this layout was created. 

I had lots of fun with my Imaginarium Chipboard. I painted the branches with Twinkling H2O's. And left them as they were. I painted the stars and alphas with Twinkling H2O's, then covered the stars with Kindy Glitz, and the alphas with Dimensional Magic. I'm not sure why, but every time I cover Twinkling H2O's with Dimensional Magic, it crackles as it dries, and I just love this effect. 

I will let you in on a little secret - these colours were not easy for me to work with, lol! I struggled at first until I found my rhythm. Or maybe it was just that my mojo was a little slow to kick in? But I am happy with the end result - I challenged myself and succeeded. And no, I don't always succeed, lol!!! 

I want my girls to realise how much I did wish for them. They were wanted. Not accidents. Not second thoughts. But well and truly wanted, and wished for. 
Thank-you for stopping by today. I hope I have inspired you to challenge yourself, to grow as an artist, and try something new. It's not always as scary as it seems... :-)

4 comments:

  1. Hi Julieanne, Kim just put up the link to your blog so thought I'd come by and say hi and I am so glad I did, your blog and projects are fabulous and I am loving your fabulous use of mixed media and color. Looking forward to working with your sketches over the coming months. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello there, just heard from Kim at SWAT that you have joined as our sketch designer and just wanted to welcome you to the team!! Love your July sketch, I can't wait to get started on it, and your scrappy style is awesome! can't wait to see what you create for swat in the following months :)))

    ReplyDelete
  3. I got your link from Kim too, omg that page is awesome, so playful and cute and the design .... love it!

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you so much for taking the time to stop by my blog. I appreciate it, and I love reading your comments, each and every one.