homeAbout MeJules & BlingScrap Resumehome

Friday 16 May 2014

A Year In Review...

With everything that happened in my life at the end of last year, and early this year, I never had the opportunity to review my work from 2013. So I have decided to take a moment, and do that now. I want to look at the past, and enjoy what was created, before I start to move forward again. 

Today I am going to share my favourite OTP projects and layouts from 2013 (in no particular order). 


I love this horse shoe that I created for PaperHaus. I know, everyone tells me it is upside down, but it doesn't matter to me. I liked it this way, so that is how I created it. I really think I need to find some time and make a few more of these - they are just so pretty and feminine.    


Another project created for PaperHaus - my Springtime floral wreath. Now this project took quite a while to complete, but I loved every second of playing with my dies, and creating beautiful hand-made flowers. This wreath now hangs in my scrap room window so that I can enjoy it every single day.


My butterfly cupcake stand - this was part of my application submission for the Kaisercraft Design Team. 


As soon as I saw this mini cloche in the store, I knew exactly what I wanted to create. And yes, it came out exactly like I envisioned in my mind. 


My matching re-purposed frames, created for Imaginarium Designs. These take pride of place in my daughter's bedrooms. I took such joy and pleasure in being able to create something so beautiful to give to both my girls.  

Another project created for Imaginarium Designs, and without a doubt, one of my favourite all-time projects. This too hangs in my scrap room - I cannot bear to part with it. 


Waiting For Baby was created using a Prima BAP (not sure which month). There is something about aquas and greens that just grabs my attention. And yes, it is probably my favourite colour palette - I tend to gravitate towards it often!


Last year I took several classes from different teachers. One of those teachers was the very talented and amazing Louise Nelson. This layout was created using techniques that she taught in her workshop. Did I mention that her classes (and techniques) are a whole lot of fun!!! :)


One of my many layouts (and projects) created for Kaisercraft. I have many favourites from my time with them, but I think this is my number one choice. These are not colours that I would normally choose for myself, but the femininity and softness of this paper was irresistable! 


Another paper range from Kaisercraft that I fell in love with. I just couldn't resist the bright colours - they are so very me! This layout was also a part of my Kaisercraft application submission. 


And finally, my Believe layout - created for Scrap Around The World. This was a beautiful colour palette (and sketch) to work with. Yes, again, greens and aquas - see, I told you I am addicted to those colours, lol! But honestly, I just love how this layout came together with a feminine and soft appeal, and finished with so many gorgeous details. 

Thank-you for stopping by, and thank-you for allowing me to share my projects with you. 

Now, we start to move forward with 2014. This year, I want to experiment - there are still so many techniques and products that I want to play with! Plus I love learning and I can't resist a good challenge.

Happy scrapping, xxx 
 Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you so much for taking the time to stop by my blog. I appreciate it, and I love reading your comments, each and every one.