homeAbout MeJules & BlingScrap Resumehome

Wednesday 17 April 2013

Outside My Comfort Zone...

A colour combination of orange, blue and yellow is so far outside my comfort zone, it isn't funny. Never, in a million years, would I think to choose this combination to work with. But I decided to be brave, and attempt to play with the Prima Zephyr paper range. A challenge is always fun!!!


"OH, HOW I ADORE THEE!"
Here's my end result. I am pleasantly surprised in how well these colours work together on a girly layout - I wasn't expecting it to come out so feminine and pretty. 


There are lots and lots of details in this layout. Lots of tiny, little pieces. 
Yes, in this case, it's definitely about the details.


I used a mask and texture paste to create this damask design. The colour was created with Pan Pastels.


I misted and stamped on the Prima canvas shapes, and I coated the chipboard alphas with Glossy Accents to create a beautiful shine. 


A texture and dimension shot. So many layers and levels. 
I won't lie - this layout took me a long time to create. I had this image in my mind, and I kept working until I got it correct. But it was worth it - I am entirely happy with the end result.

Thanks for stopping by.
Happy scrapping everyone. xxx
Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. A really beautiful layout Jules, I love the bright happy colours.

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you so much for taking the time to stop by my blog. I appreciate it, and I love reading your comments, each and every one.