homeAbout MeJules & BlingScrap Resumehome

Thursday 29 March 2012

Glitz March Blog Challenge...

I'm loving the new challenges that Glitz Designs are offering up every month. The beauty of them, is that they are not all the same - sometimes it's an inspiration photo, other times a colour combination, or like this month - using a specific product. For March, the challenge is to use "Paper Layers" on your layout, card, or off-the-page project.

Don't ask me what's with the orange layout - I can't answer that. It's just the way it turned out, lol! It had a mind of its own. Titled: New Beginnings.
I loved the opportunity to use paper layers, but I wanted to be a little more creative then just using them as background layers. I contemplated making flowers out of the paper layers, but flowers hold much better when the paper is thicker and sturdier. Plus the paper really needs to be double-sided, which the paper-layers are not. So, I looked for another alternative, and came up with paper rolls used as a decoration (and tied together with a big, bright bow).

Here's a close-up of my paper rolls. And hand-made flowers. :-)
Products Used: Laced With Grace paper range from Glitz Designs; Glitz Designs What Nots; Glitz Designs Paper Layers; Glitz Designs Peek-A-Boos; Glitz mini-alphas; washi tapes; Zva Creative rhinestones; AC Thickers; Martha Stewart punch; paper flowers.

1 comment:

  1. Such a gorgeous layout, Julianne!! Congratulations on being part of the Top 5 for the Glitz Design March blog challenge!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you so much for taking the time to stop by my blog. I appreciate it, and I love reading your comments, each and every one.