homeAbout MeJules & BlingScrap Resumehome

Tuesday 14 August 2012

Washi Banner Fun...

I love washi tape! But seriously, who doesn't? I've been wanting to make a washi banner for quite some time, and today was the day. (I usually cut my banners by hand or use die cuts).

Not only did I make one washi tape banner, I made three!!! The first one was a little fiddley as I had no idea what I was doing, but the 2nd and 3rd banners were quick and easy. All you need is a length of twine, and several strips of washi tape that you fold in half over the twine, at varying intervals. You then cut each banner  flag to the length required. And I totally love the look of them. If you've ever thought about playing with washi tape, then this is a good excuse. 

I don't like things moving around on my layout, so I actually held each banner flag piece down with a dab of Helmar Liquid Scrapdots on the back. It's a double bonus - it keeps the banner flags in place, and gives extra dimension to my page. 

It's amazing how well the Twinkling H2O's cover the Imaginarium Designs chipboard. It's rich and full of colour, and no streaks or patches. Love it! 

Other Products Used: My Mind's Eye papers; My Mind's Eye transparencies; Prima flowers and leaves; washi tape; Twinkling H2O's; Zva Creative rhinestones; Kindy Glitz; Ingvilde Bolme Prima inks; Doodlebug Glitter; Helmar Liquid Scrap Dots; twine; Stickles; white gel pen; and black pen.

Thanks for dropping by, and I hope you are having a wonderful day! 

2 comments:

  1. Love how you have used the washi tape! And also love the chicken wire mask in the background how you have used multiple colours! This layout looks HOT!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jules, your washi banners look fabulous!! I love making flags with washi and a tooth pick.!! and the layout is wonderful!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you so much for taking the time to stop by my blog. I appreciate it, and I love reading your comments, each and every one.