homeAbout MeJules & BlingScrap Resumehome

Thursday 6 November 2014

November Projects for Imaginarium Designs...

I was recently asked if I would like to donate an item for a charity auction to raise funds for bowel cancer research. Having lost so many of my relatives to cancer, I said yes. So I created a canvas using Imaginarium Designs chipboard, and made it part of my Design Team commitment for November. (Don't laugh, I kind of did the same for the rest of my November projects too, lol!)


I seriously had so much fun creating this canvas. I think I should find time to make some more (especially since my eldest daughter was NOT impressed when I gave this one away). 
I have used Marion Smith's Motley paper range, along with lots of Prima and Kaisercraft flowers, ID chipboard, sequins, glitter, beads, texture paste, rubons, copic pens, and stamps. 


I don't have a lot of experience playing with copic pens, but I think the finished result was passable. 


This canvas was all about the details, sparkle, and bling. :) I wanted to create something with lots of texture and depth, and something that was very bright, colourful, and feminine at the same time. 


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Earlier this year I was asked if I would like to do a commissioned piece for the Australian Scrapbooking Ideas magazine. Of course I said yes, and it has just recently been published in Issuue 29, pages 24-26. The article was about scrapping layouts in an Art Nouveau style, using a sketch designed by me (which you will find below). I was asked to create three layouts using Meg's Garden papers, and as much Imaginarium Designs chipboard as I liked.  

 "CHERISH"
This layout is based very close to the original sketch design, and was all about highlighting the layout and photo with soft, pastel pinks. I have included lots of punchwork to add details and depth to the design. Most of the chipboard has been heat embossed with embossing powders and glitters.  

 "LOVE, CHERISH, ADORE"
Again, I have used lots of punchwork to add to the design, and lots of fussy cut and layered flowers to help add depth. 

"TRAVEL SNAP SHOTS"
This layout is a little more vintage and masculine compared to my usual style. 
And if you would like to see more photos about these projects, or details about the products and techniques used, you can find my full post on the Imaginarium Designs blog
If you would like to use this sketch, please feel free. All I ask is that you give credit to me, for this design, if you post it anywhere (Facebook, blogs, galleries, Instagram etc.). 

Thanks for stopping by. :)

Cheers and hugs, xxx
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you so much for taking the time to stop by my blog. I appreciate it, and I love reading your comments, each and every one.